About the Workshop
Meetings are an essential part of your day-to-day operations as well as an expression of your organization’s culture. Not only are bad meetings a waste of time and money, they can send messages to your people that undercut performance, undermine loyalty, and lower morale. Bad meetings are a real problem.
In two highly interactive hours this online course will review:
- Why Bad Meetings Happen to Good Causes: An analysis of the most commonly experienced problems in meetings.
- The Agenda: It’s Not a List of Topics: Why meeting leaders should think of the agenda as a mini-strategic plan, and why a well-constructed agenda remains the single most important predictor of a successful meeting.
- Meeting Leadership: How effective meeting leaders bring everyone into a discussion, direct its flow, handle conflict, and guide groups through different kinds of decision-making processes.
- Brainstorming (and other creative forms of interaction): Many meetings will include brainstorms without following time-tested rules that make them more productive. In this segment, we review the rules and also discuss other techniques to creatively engage participants in idea-generation and similar group activities.
- Teleconferences, Videoconferences and Webinars: How to observe different protocols for meetings where everyone isn’t in the same room.
Please note: we record each class, so if you ever arrive late, leave early, or even miss an entire session, we’ll send you a link to a recording immediately after the class that you can watch at your convenience.
Register 3 or more participants from your organization and receive 20% off total tuition.
The Honor System: We ask that anyone attending the classes live, watching the class recordings, or planning to participate in any capacity be registered as a student.
CANCELLATION POLICY: We understand that schedules can change, so if you need to cancel your registration, you can do so and receive a full refund up to 24 hours before the start of the first class. We cannot honor requests for cancellation after this deadline, but we will always provide links to stream the recordings of the classes in case you cannot attend live sessions.