"Andy Goodman takes your best ideas and makes them better."
President and CEO, Association of Zoos and Aquariums
Meetings: Less Pain, More Gain
Meetings are an essential part of your day-to-day operations as well as an expression
of your organization's culture. Not only are bad meetings a waste of time and money,
they can send messages to your people that undercut performance, undermine loyalty,
and lower morale. Bad meetings are a real problem.
In two highly interactive hours this course will review:
- Why a written agenda is the single most important predictor of a successful meeting.
- How effective meeting leaders bring everyone into a discussion, direct its flow, and guide groups to consensus.
- Four different kinds of decision-making processes, and how to choose the right one for your meetings.
- How to manage those inevitable conflicts and move polarized parties to consensus.
- How to improve meetings where you are not the leader.
The course is comprised of two one-hour classes scheduled over consecutive days. Check our calendar…
Who will benefit:
Anyone in your organization who leads meetings or participates in them on a regular basis.
The H word:
Between classes, students will be asked to do a little light homework: you’ll be assigned to create an agenda for an upcoming meeting applying new techniques covered during the first hour.