"Andy's online storytelling class taught me the ins and outs of conveying the essence of our work and outcomes in meaningful and heartfelt ways."
Executive Director, Boys to Men
How the Workshops Work: First rule: everyone plays.
The Goodman Center’s webinars vary in length and content, but they’re all highly interactive, convenient, and cost-effective.
Generally, this is how it works:
- You’ll register for a webinar and pay using our online system.
- You’ll get an email confirming your registration and providing instructions on how to join the live classes by phone and Internet.
- You can use a PC or a Mac. All you need is a Java-enabled web browser. You’ll connect to the live class via telephone and the web. The teleconference line will allow you to hear the teacher and students and to ask questions. Your web connection will allow you to see a live presentation and to communicate via chat box.
- Once you join the webinar, participating is fairly intuitive. The teachers will share information and ideas with you, including examples of communications that work and those that don’t, and you can ask questions at any point.
- In classes that have homework, you’ll get an assignment, which you’ll email to the Center for review. All homework is evaluated and returned with suggestions for improvement.
Please note that the tuition covers one student only. We operate on the honor system and hope that each student will respect our policy.
Remember that all the workshops can be customized to address your organization’s unique needs.